At Prolosko blato there is an island called Manastir with the remains of a Franciscan monastery. The Franciscans lived here from the 16th to the beginning of the 18th century during the Ottoman rule over these regions. In 1715 on the eve of the last Venetian and Ottoman war the friars left this island forever. Several years after the end of the Ottoman occupation they founded a monastery at Imotski.
Blato represents a lake which is under water for most of the year and the other part is dry or swamp. It is also a nesting ground for several fish species as well as a home to numerous birds (ducks, storks, ….).
At the steep hilltop “Grad” Between the hidden villages of Mamići and Knezovići lies a Roman and medieval fortress used as a shelter in times of danger.
Above the lake there is a group of prehistoric tombs from the Bronze Age.